A Dispatcher is a person who communicates over the phone to drivers about routes, as well as help solve problems that the truckers may be having.
What does Dispatch mean?
To send off to a location to deal with a task.
What does a Dispatcher do?
• Use mapping software to create different routes for the Drivers.
• Work as a middle man for Drivers and Customers.
• Track the location of the Drivers to make sure everything is going smoothly.
• Problem Solving skills to figure out how to counter delays and other issues.
• Monitoring Truckers’ logs and making sure they are up to date.
• Updating Truckers on Road Conditions.
What is the average salary for a Dispatcher?
34,000-38,790 a year, approximately $17.00 – $20.00 an hour.
How Long are Dispatcher Shifts?
Around 8-12 hours.
★ By the way!
If you or someone you know owns/starting a Trucking and/or Passenger company and needs help with their DOT and or DMV Regulations, we are in fact a company that helps Trucking/Passenger companies stay in compliance with these regulations!
Not sure how to feel yet? We offer a FREE Trucking & Passenger Regulation Consultation! Call us at 631-277-3456 to schedule an appointment.
Have a thirst for knowledge? Click the link to check out our other Informative Blog posts!
Blog | TRANS-COM (trans-com.us)
Follow us on Social Media!
Keywords: What dispatcher does, Dispatcher what does it mean, What dispatcher do, what dispatch mean.