FMCSA has extended
HOURS OF SERVICE RELIEF
“For Essential Deliveries”
UNTIL AUGUST 14TH
(Was previously July 14th)
FMCSA Modifies and Extends Hours of Service Relief
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has issued another extension and modification of the hours of service relief for COVID-19 deliveries. This extension of Emergency Declaration No. 2020-002 is effective at 12:00am July 14, 2020 and remains in effect until 11:59pm August 14, 2020.
The extension provides regulatory relief for commercial motor vehicle operations providing direct assistance in support of emergency relief efforts related to COVID-19 and is limited to transportation of:
- Livestock and livestock feed;
- Medical supplies and equipment related to the testing, diagnosis, and treatment of COVID-19; and
- Supplies and equipment necessary for community safety, sanitation, and prevention of community transmission of COVID-19 such as masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, soap, and disinfectants.
Changes to the original HOS Relief
FMCSA has added a few changes from their June statement
• “Direct assistance does not include routine commercial deliveries, including mixed loads with a nominal quantity of qualifying emergency relief added to obtain the benefits of this emergency declaration,”
• “FMCSA has concluded that there is no longer a need for emergency relief with respect to the other categories of supplies, equipment and persons covered by the May 13 extension and expansion of Emergency Declaration No. 2020-02, and those categories are therefore no longer covered.”
FMCSA warns, this declaration does not give Motor Carriers the ability to haul a load when they say they’re tired. A driver who needs immediate rest must be given at-least 10 hours of continuous rest before they can return to service.
★ By the way!
If you or someone you know owns/starting a Trucking and/or Passenger company and needs help with their DOT and or DMV Regulations, we are in fact a company that helps Trucking/Passenger companies stay in compliance with these regulations!
Not sure how to feel yet? We offer a FREE Trucking & Passenger Regulation Consultation! Call us at 631-277-3456 to schedule an appointment.
Have a thirst for knowledge? Click the link to check out our other Informative Blog posts!
Blog | TRANS-COM (trans-com.us)