Commercial motor vehicle drivers are responsible for having certain paperwork and credentials in the vehicle they are operating at all times. Don’t get caught empty handed! It could result in fines, out-of-service orders and CSA violations.
- Driver’s license– current, with medical certification information (if required) and valid for the vehicle being driven
- Driver logs– current day plus previous 7 days, including supporting documents (receipts, etc.)
- Proof of annual inspection– inspection stickers or report, depending on state requirements
- Bill of lading/shipping paper– bill of lading or shipping paper for for-hire work; load documentation for private or contract shipments
- Permit credentials– permits and special credentials depending on state requirements
- Hazmat paperwork– all special documentation and manifests required for specific type of hazmat being transported
- Lease Agreement– needed if vehicle is leased
★ By the way!
If you or someone you know owns/starting a Trucking and/or Passenger company and needs help with their DOT and or DMV Regulations, we are in fact a company that helps Trucking/Passenger companies stay in compliance with these regulations!
Not sure how to feel yet? We offer a FREE Trucking & Passenger Regulation Consultation! Call us at 631-277-3456 to schedule an appointment.
Have a thirst for knowledge? Click the link to check out our other Informative Blog posts!
Blog | TRANS-COM (trans-com.us)