We wanted to inform you about new testing abilities related to COVID-19 and your employees. To mitigate the risk of a recurring outbreak of COVID-19 infections as people return to work, CityMD is offering corporate return-to-work evaluation exams at all 120+ locations. This will allow you as the employer to select the testing option that works best for your company and receive medical clearance for your employees to safely return to work.
What are my testing options as part of the CityMD Return-To-Work Program?
Employers can pick from two forms of clearance based on current CDC recommendations:
- Non-Test-Based Clearance: Physical evaluation and clearance note if employee meets CDC non-testing criteria to return to work after a COVID-19 infection. This is defined as:
- At least 7 days have passed since onset of symptoms
- Employee has had at least 3 days (72 hours) of no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications
- Improvement in respiratory symptoms
- Test-Based Clearance: Employee must meet the same requirements as non-test-based clearance with the additional requirement of objective testing. Testing can include any or all of the following:
- PCR Nasal Swab Test (which identifies the virus in samples from the respiratory system) with 3-5-day turnaround; and/or,
- IgG Antibody Serology Test (which indicates whether the patient most likely has been exposed to the virus and developed antibodies), with 3-5-day turnaround
- How can I send my employees in for testing?
Even though your company has an active CityMD Occupational Medicine account, it’s important you directly connect with your dedicated Account Manager or our Occupational Medicine Customer Service Team directly to get properly set up before sending your employees in. Our team will provide you with the updated authorization forms needed at registration, walk you through what to expect, and help answer any additional questions you may have.
How do I receive results?
Employees who come in for any COVID-19 Return-To-Work test will always be seen by a CityMD provider for a complete physical examination. Employees will be given a completed COVID-19 Return-To-Work Evaluation Form indicating their clearance status. This can be shared with you by the employee or can be requested through our Occupational Medicine Customer Service Team via email@example.com.
If an employee gets a Nasal Swab Test or IgG Antibody Serology Test done, their lab results will be available 3-4 days later through their CityMD Patient Portal. If you do not receive these results from your employees, you can request through our Occupational Medicine Customer Service Team.
As a reminder, results can only be made available to employers from exams performed as part of their Occupational Medicine account. Please be sure your company is properly set up by directly contacting [ACCOUNT OWNER NAME] at [OWNER PHONE] or [OWNER EMAIL].
As always, for most up-to-date information relating to COVID-19, please visit https://www.citymd.com/news/citymd-covid-19-news.
CityMD Occupational Medicine Team
TESTING MACHINE Quest and Sunrise labs are both using the Abbot Architect i1000SR Machine to run the antibody test. This machine was granted an EUA (Emergency Use Authorization) by the FDA and is listed on the FDA website as approved. Many patients have been asking and it is definitely worth mentioning.
★ By the way!
If you or someone you know owns/starting a Trucking and/or Passenger company and needs help with their DOT and or DMV Regulations, we are in fact a company that helps Trucking/Passenger companies stay in compliance with these regulations!
Not sure how to feel yet? We offer a FREE Trucking & Passenger Regulation Consultation! Call us at 631-277-3456 to schedule an appointment.
Have a thirst for knowledge? Click the link to check out our other Informative Blog posts!
Blog | TRANS-COM (trans-com.us)