Hotshot Trucking is the temporary “For Hire” side of the Trucking Industry, think of it as being a Freelance Truck Driver. They aren’t tied down to a company and are more able to do urgent and timely Trucking situations that an average company wouldn’t have the schedule time to do.
• On average they tend to have more one time prospects, over continuous clients.
What are Hotshot services?
They can include any sort of Haul that an average Trucking company would transport.
However, some differences include….
• Focusing more on Farm Materials, Machinery, Construction and Heavy Equipment.
• Usually travel shorter distances than other Trucking Companies.
• Have smaller loads.
• More versatile, Hotshot Trucking can use Tractor Trailers, Straight Trucks or Vans.
Is Hotshot Trucking Worth it?
It can be!
Here are some Pros of getting into the Hotshot Trucking Industry!
• You get to be your own boss.
• Is Cheaper to start up than the Average Trucking Company.
• Does not require a CDL (Commercial Drivers License) if the load is under 10,000 lbs.
Hotshot Trucking could be for you!
Don’t forget! Make sure to get your USDOT and MC numbers!
See Also: Owner Operator Trucking
★ By the way!
If you or someone you know owns/starting a Trucking and/or Passenger company and needs help with their DOT and or DMV Regulations, we are in fact a company that helps Trucking/Passenger companies stay in compliance with these regulations!
Not sure how to feel yet? We offer a FREE Trucking & Passenger Regulation Consultation! Call us at 631-277-3456 to schedule an appointment.
Have a thirst for knowledge? Click the link to check out our other Informative Blog posts!
Blog | TRANS-COM (trans-com.us)