FMCSA what is a CMV?
“Commercial Motor Vehicle”
FMCSA What is considered on Duty Time?
The time the driver starts working, or gets ready to work and until the driver stops performing their work.
• Being at the Trucking facility
• Loading/Unloading the vehicle
• When assisting or repairing your vehicle
• Anytime while in the Truck, minus periods of rest (Sleeper berth)
FMCSA what is a safety sensitive function?
- All time at a carrier or shipper plant, terminal, facility, or other property, or on any public property, waiting to be dispatched, unless the driver has been relieved from duty by the employer. This includes employees who are “eligible” at work to drive a CMV at anytime, e.g., salespersons, clerks, secretaries, supervisors.
- All time inspecting equipment as required by 392.7, “Equipment, Inspection, and Use,” and 392.8, “Emergency Equipment and Use,” or otherwise inspecting, servicing, or conditioning any CMV at any time.
- All driving time, which is any time spent at the driving controls of a CMV in operation.
- All time, other than driving time, in or upon any CMV except time spent resting in a sleeper berth.
- All time loading or unloading a vehicle, supervising or assisting in loading or unloading, attending a vehicle being loaded or unloaded, remaining ready to operate the vehicle, or giving or receiving receipts for shipments loaded or unloaded.
- All time repairing, obtaining assistance for, or remaining with a disabled vehicle.
★ By the way!
If you or someone you know owns/starting a Trucking and/or Passenger company and needs help with their DOT and or DMV Regulations, we are in fact a company that helps Trucking/Passenger companies stay in compliance with these regulations!
Not sure how to feel yet? We offer a FREE Trucking & Passenger Regulation Consultation! Call us at 631-277-3456 to schedule an appointment.
Have a thirst for knowledge? Click the link to check out our other Informative Blog posts!
Blog | TRANS-COM (trans-com.us)